- The most cost effective Backstroke wedge on the market!
- Simple to install and quick to adjust
- Optional handle allows coaches and timers to pull it out of the water without bending over! This prevents swimmers from flipping onto the Ledge when they return. The Handle just rests on the block
- Ribbed surface for easy traction
- Weighted so it won’t float
- Reinforced in center for added strength
- Hexagon handle design prevents it from rolling off the dive block
Caution: Must remove the Backstroke Ledge from the water after each swimmer dives off and before they return to do any flip turns.
How to Install:
- Dual-Leg Block: Simply hang around the back of both legs.
- Single-Leg Block: wrap the center of the strap around the leg 1 full rotation and then adjust to level out the Backstroke Ledge in the water
How to Adjust Height of Backstroke Ledge:
- To shorten: pull up on the straps on both sides
- To lengthen: Lift up on the buckle on either side of the Ledge and push down on the Ledge to lengthen
How to Adjust the Retraction Handle:
- It is best to NOT adjust the strap on the Ledge itself (extra strap length can get tangled on the swimmer)
- Instead adjust the length of the handle strap by adjusting the buckle on the handle
- Adjust the length so there is enough to reach the Backstroke Ledge and the block but short enough that it takes minimal effort to lift the handle to pull the Ledge out of the water
- NOTE: the strap should extend UNDER the block and up the back to the handle on the block (NOT up in front of the block)
How to legally put feet on Backstroke Ledge:
SW 6. Backstroke
– SW 6.1 When using a backstroke ledge at the start, the toes of both feet
must be in contact with the end wall or face of the touchpad.
USA Swimming Regulations:
1. Start – When using a backstroke ledge at the start, the toes of both feet must be
in contact with the end wall or face of the touchpad
103.15 BACKSTROKE LEDGE — The backstroke ledge shall conform to FINA’s specifications
when used in competition as follows:
.1 /M/ The ledge may be adjustable to 4 centimeters above or 4 centimeters below the water level.
.2 /M/ The ledge shall be a minimum of 65 centimeters in length.
.3 /M/ The ledge must be 8 centimeters in height, 2 centimeters at the width with 10 degrees of slope.
.4 /M/ The ledge may not be used in water depth less than 4 feet (1.22 meters).
2 Models Available:
– Practice Wedge – Steeper angle, smaller, more portable
– Race Wedge – FINA-compliant (FR 2.10)